Friday, February 12, 2010

Love-ly weekend

After everything was said and done at work with the "situation" or as I like to call it-the big, fat made up reason that really ruined the first month of the year-I took a step back, breathed some deep breaths and decided how to act. I am in a high profile position in the office. The people that went to HR are people I have to work with every day. They will attend my classes and rely on the information I give them. There was a high road-and after much pep talking to myself-I took it. I have decided that vengeance is just not for me. So, it is done. I cannot change the situation or what happened after. I don't do well dwelling in anger. So, it is gone. I have let it go.

I wrote a poem today. I felt inspired by love, by joy, and by reading Pablo Neruda. For the first time in weeks I feel open and hopeful. Thanks to a fellow blogger, Trey and I will be going to Newport in 3 weeks to rub the fertility statues and enjoy a weekend at the beach. She made the reservation today at our favorite hotel in Newport. (If you ever want to stay in an amazing hotel, I highly recommend it-www.elizabethstreetinn.com) My birthday is March 4th, (which is on a Thursday) so we both took off the next day. We will head for the beach Friday morning and come home late Saturday night. Besides the rubbing of the statues we have big plans. Eat some clam chowder, do a little bay front shopping, hopefully catch an amazing sunset, love on my sweet girl. Depending on what we want to do on Saturday, we may meander up the coast to Tillamook, stop by the Blue Heron and get some Brie (blueheronoregon.com), eat some amazing Tillamook ice cream, walk on the beach, love on my sweet girl some more. I am excited!

The hope is that my body will back on track this month. Evidently this is quite normal after a miscarriage. Plus I added in some aerobics classes and a once a-week belly dancing class. Emotionally, the working out has been the best thing I have done for myself this year. I find myself leaving belly dancing on Thursday nights and feeling empowered and joyful! I bought a hip scarf last night so I can do some jangling when I move.

This weekend feels full of love and hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment