Sunday, May 30, 2010

End of May...

Wow-so it has been an extremely busy 6 weeks...and so much in our lives have changed.

First things first-my body is not behaving and I am not sure what to do. So, we aren't quite back to the baby track yet.

My Mom came to visit on April 28th. Little did she know that as a surprise her best friend was on the flight with her. She found out at the airport! They never get to see eachother so we bought the friend a plane ticket and she came out for 4 days with my Mom. (Happy Birthday, Mom!) We took them to the Jerusalem Cafe for lunch, BBQ'd that night, got up the next morning and drove to the beach. Stayed at the hotel that we so dearly love! My mom, who hates being cold, sat in the hot tub while we splashed around in the water. Then she came and jumped in the pool twice..it was so funny to watch her sputter and laugh! We played at the beach the next day before driving home. We went to church on Sunday and then the Farmers Market. I missed them so much when they left.

The following Tuesday-May 4th-Trey got fired. I couldn't believe it. Such a trumped up reason. They wouldn't let her listen to the call. It was all very political. I am bitter and angry and through with this soulless place that I work for.

This has put us in a financial bind. Then they denied her unemployment-which means that this is going to get ugly as we fight for it.! I wonder how it will hurt me at work because I will help her. I start thinking-I don't care. They did this to themselves.

I started reading the 21 Day Consciousness Cleanse. I feel like I am a very toxic place in my professional life and I need to not be. This thing with Trey has made it more difficult. Although, surprisingly, when I am at work, I am totally able to set it aside and deal with the people who did this thing and no one could ever say different.

I think that there are more changes ahead for us. Trey and I have been talking about what we want in our lives. We really want to live at the beach. She is working on starting her own company-I am praying that I will see the change I need to have happen for me and my life. Spring is here (kind of-the rain is still pouring down and Tuesday is June!) and with this season comes the need for something incredible to happen. And so, it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment